cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Export Contacts CSV is missing a column value that exists (confirmed existence through GUI)

Occasional Participant

Export Contacts CSV is missing a column value that exists (confirmed existence through GUI)

Despite calling the Export Contacts endpoint specifying the following column names,

'EMAIL',

'FIRST NAME',

'LAST NAME',

'HOME PHONE'

,'ADDRESS LINE 1',

'ADDRESS LINE 2',

'CITY',

'STATE',

'COUNTRY',

'ZIP/POSTAL CODE'

I am not receiving a value for the STATE column. I've confirmed via the GUI that the contact in question does have STATE as "MA", but the csv retrieved at https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/activities/exportfiles/... has an empty column for STATE

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Export Contacts CSV is missing a column value that exists (confirmed existence through GUI)

Hi Evan, 

Instead of specifying the STATE column, use US State/CA Province instead to retrieve the state/province 2 letter code. I just tested it and got the correct results.

Do you know how this contact was added to the account? For instance, was it added using the bulk import process, through the UI, or using the Contacts Collection API endpoint? If you're still not able to see the state value when using US State/CA Province in the Export request, let me know and I think I can explain.

Regards,

Rich

Rich Marcucella
Sr. Technical Writer, Content Developer
Web Services Team
http://developer.constantcontact.com
Occasional Participant

Re: Export Contacts CSV is missing a column value that exists (confirmed existence through GUI)

Hi,

I've switched the export column name, but as you suspected, I'm unable to see the State code for some contacts. If I add the address through the Constant contact GUI, the state is returned with the export request. however, I canot see the state if I've used the API.

Occasional Participant

Is this a known API issue?

Hi Evan,

Thanks for providing a follow up to our original exchange. We are looking into your specific situation. If possible, can you PM me with the API key, access token, and the contact Id, we can research this. It could be an API issue, and it could be a situation of functionality in the UI that is not currently consistent with the API.

Thanks,

Rich

Rich Marcucella
Sr. Technical Writer, Content Developer
Web Services Team
http://developer.constantcontact.com
Occasional Participant

Okay thanks I messaged you the credentials.

Evan