cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Trouble making my emails mobile responsive

Highlighted

Trouble making my emails mobile responsive

I clicked on a template that says "Mobile Responsive" but it's not matching the style my associates and I are used to working with when creating emails that are mobile ready. Is it just because we've been looking at preview emails?
3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Trouble making my emails mobile responsive

Many of their so called "responsive" emails don't work in a variety of mobile clients.

They might work on mobile devices when viewed in a browser but its been my experience with the few I've dealt with that they don't work in mail clients on mobile.

BTW:  The preview test should be no different that the production send.

Always create a small list that you use to send your email to outside the preview environment too.

Administrator

Hello @ErikaK4. I took a look at your account and saw that you were able to call in and discuss this issue with us. Just in case anyone else here in the Community has come across this issue, if you would like to fully test to see how an email would show up in your inbox, send a live email to either just yourself or a few people so you can test across different mobile devices/computers. I also suggest taking a look at this FAQ with some best practices for creating a mobile responsive email. As always, if you would like to work with one of our agents to create a mobile responsive email, give us a call at 866-289-2101 and we would be happy to assist you!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Honored Contributor

Here is what my email looks like in Gmail on my Android.

Screenshot_2016-07-12-11-32-14.png

Below is what it looks like in Yahoo on Android ( which looks like crap BTW)

Screenshot_2016-07-12-11-47-25.png

As a responsive template here is what you claim it should look like in your editor preview:

2016-07-12_11-40-10.jpg

Responsive templates should respond to the applicable client and conform to that platform. Regardless of it being an email client or web browser. Yours don't from what I've tested.

If I include the link you create with each campaign and its opened in a browser on my phone it comes out like the bottom image.

Clearly your code is messed up as its not honored in the email clients and it also looks like crap in Yahoo.

Once you take out all the control we had to correct rendering issues I hope you understand you assume that responsibility.  

So please test your code, make sure it does what you claim it does, and lastly make sure its a quality looking result in all the major clients and platforms.

If you don't, you're doing your customer a major disservice.