Automated Email Series Trigger

SOLVED
Go to solution
NikkiaJ
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

I have an automated welcome series drip that I'd like to be triggered by new signups to an existing list. However, I want to make sure to activate the series without sending the drip to everyone already on the list. If I set the trigger to be joining the list, will it send to everyone who's on the list already or will it only send to new signups?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NikkiaJ ,

If you set the trigger to any apply to list additions, it won't trigger for those already existing in the list at the time of activating. If you're doing a drip series, then the emails will send out to all new additions to that list - whether manually added by you, or added via signup form.

See also:

Automation overview

Automation creation

Automation tips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NikkiaJ ,

If you set the trigger to any apply to list additions, it won't trigger for those already existing in the list at the time of activating. If you're doing a drip series, then the emails will send out to all new additions to that list - whether manually added by you, or added via signup form.

See also:

Automation overview

Automation creation

Automation tips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST