Automated Welcome Email not sending

StephenC73
Rookie
0 Votes

I have a welcome email set up, however a when a new signup joins, the email is not sending. I have it set to join a specific list, but users aren't getting the automated welcome email. Any assistance would be really appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @StephenC73 ,

You currently have an active welcome email, but it's currently set to trigger off of a specific list. However, it doesn't seem that the list it was associated with exists in your account any longer, meaning new contact sign ups won't go anywhere.

I'd advise cancelling / deactivating your original welcome email, and activating a new one. You can copy the old series if you want to keep the same setup and time, just make sure the trigger is properly set for a specific list or any list. It should show as:

Any list.PNGwhen the "Any List" option is chosen, or:

specific list.PNG

when a specific list is chosen, with the name of that specific list put in the box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
StephenC73
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you William. I set up a new welcome email, but I can't seem to add a subject line to it, I tried to edit it, but can't find a place to add the subject line. Sorry for so many questions. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You're good, it's an honest question to have because it's a recognized glitch with the older automation series builder. The only way to be able to edit a step's header would be to copy a normally-created email into the series.

At this point, since your welcome email was activated and sent out, I'd say it comes down to how important it is to make sure that subject line and preheader are changed for your future sign-ups going forward. If so, I'd advise making an email for your welcome auto, then copying that into a newly made series.

Another option, which I tested in your account just to check its availability, would be to use the newer Automated Path Builder, which can be setup for a welcome series, as well as more complex and longer-running sendouts in accordance with the welcome. You'd could create a new one, or use my tester called "CSCTEST_welcome" and rename/edit as you see fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST