Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Automated drip campaign is not sending to the entire list

BillR264
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi. I have an automated drip campaign that is not sending to the entire list. There we 48 names on the list that triggered the email. The following series of emails were sent. 48, 42, 10, 9, 9, 9, 8, , 7, 5, 4. There are time delays between each email but there are no conditional splits. There were no unsubscribes or bounces. It's possible that I failed to activate the path for each email. I just activated the path for each email. If that was the cause of the problem, what are my options for sending the automated drip emails to those that did not receive them? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BillR264 ,

As there's currently no capability for copying steps out of an automation path, the only option would be to manually recreate the email, then send that to contacts that did not complete the automation, or were added prior to additional steps / edits being made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BillR264
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thanks William. Can I make a copy of the Automated drip email campaign and then send to contacts that did not complete the automation?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You'd need to:

William A
BillR264
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I created a new list, then I merged the two lists together. Is that okay?

I made a copy of the automation and selected the new list for the trigger.

"after
 the automation is published." Does published mean Activate Changes?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Please follow the steps exactly as I described. If you merge the lists, you just make a new list altogether. Publishing is activating.

William A
BillR264
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Here are the steps that you said to take:

Create a new contact list

You can create up to 1,000 different lists to segment and manage your contacts.

1. Click Contacts > All contacts.
  2. Click the Lists tab.
  3. Click Create List button in the upper right-hand corner.

I do not want to add all contacts to the new list. I only want to create a new list for the contacts that already are on the existing list.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I thought the entire point of this was so that you could have the contacts on the one list that weren't triggering the original automation could start it?

William A
BillR264
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Yes. That is the goal.

You said "Please follow the steps exactly as I described. If you merge the lists, you just make a new list altogether."

I displayed what the link said to do. 

To be honest, you're confusing me with what you're saying. I don't mean to come across as ungrateful. I do appreciate your help.

When you said "If you merge the lists, you just make a new list altogether." Does that mean that I can use this new list for the copied autoresponder?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST