Campaign says sent but never received by my personal emails

SOLVED
Go to solution
SusanW319
Marketing Legend
0 Votes
Some weird behavior here, I'm not exactly sure what the core issue might be. I sent out our standard weekly email newsletter to our usual contact lists yesterday, and I like to see it in my inbox too so I have my work and personal email both as subscribers. However, neither address received the email yesterday despite the contact engagement info showing it was sent to both accounts. I don't think this is a widespread thing as our open and click rates for it are in line with what we usually see after 24 hours, but weird that I didn't get it when I usually do every week exactly at the scheduled send time. Another weird wrinkle, when checking engagement on my personal email, I discovered something very strange - apparently I'm opening and clicking on an email that was sent in 2021 multiple times a day? Screenshot in follow-up reply, but the open/click notes on it for random emails has been happening for weeks. It's a gmail account, no strange logins or unauthorized access. Very possible it could be a gmail thing or some setting in how my phone checks for new emails, who knows, but I thought I'd mention in case you're seeing similar reports.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SusanW319 ,

As far as delivery, I'd advise setting your account for self-authentication, since you have your own domain. If you need further guidance on this, or need to address other delivery-related questions, I'd advise speaking with the Delivery team directly

The "John Starks press release," shows "other device type" which means something other than a desktop device's browser / email program and mobile phone app / browser was used to view the email. This could be a smart watch, game console, or even a TV's internet or email app. If you're concerned about someone else checking out this email, you may want to check what devices are associated with the applicable Gmail account, and remove older ones you no longer use or have access to. Otherwise, I'd advise going through Google's support to identify where your email address would be getting accessed to cause this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SusanW319
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

constant contact engagement check.PNG

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SusanW319 ,

As far as delivery, I'd advise setting your account for self-authentication, since you have your own domain. If you need further guidance on this, or need to address other delivery-related questions, I'd advise speaking with the Delivery team directly

The "John Starks press release," shows "other device type" which means something other than a desktop device's browser / email program and mobile phone app / browser was used to view the email. This could be a smart watch, game console, or even a TV's internet or email app. If you're concerned about someone else checking out this email, you may want to check what devices are associated with the applicable Gmail account, and remove older ones you no longer use or have access to. Otherwise, I'd advise going through Google's support to identify where your email address would be getting accessed to cause this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST