Can't reconnect my LinkedIn profile

SOLVED
Go to solution
Susan_Weiner,_CFA
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Help! My LinkedIn profile connection showed an error. I tried: -- reconnecting (while logged in to that LI account --then disconnecting and reconnecting to that logged-in LI account. Nothing works. What's the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_Weiner,_CFA
Marketing Expert

I just retried adding my LI several times in a row, and it appears to be connected now. 

View solution in original post

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Have you utilized the "Retry" button available on some of the posts to see if the post will then go through after doing this re-connect? I just tried to re-apply your latest post, and it's showing as posted

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Susan_Weiner,_CFA ,

Social platforms will occasionally refresh their API permissions, which requires 3rd party connections to have to be re-established by the users. You can disconnect the LinkedIn social page from your Constant Contact account via the Social tab. After that, I'd recommend also removing our app's permissions from LinkedIn. Then you can reconnect the page and reinstate those permissions from the Social tab in your CTCT account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Susan_Weiner,_CFA
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Thanks.

As stated above, that's what I already tried.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Your original post didn't mention removing our permissions from the LinkedIn side. Can you confirm that you've explicitly gone through the steps (remove the LI page from your Constant Contact account > remove CTCT permissions from your LI account settings > re-connected your LI page to your CTCT account) and gotten the same error?

William A
Susan_Weiner,_CFA
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Yes, I just removed the CTCT from my LI acct again. I still can't reconnect.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Have you checked in your LinkedIn account settings to see if there's anything that would be blocking a 3rd party app from being able to connect to it, or does LinkedIn support have any insight they're able to provide?

Is the page you're trying to connect a personal page or a business page? 

William A
Susan_Weiner,_CFA
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

There's nothing funky about my Li settings. It's a personal profile that I'm trying to connect. I've never had any problems before this.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Have you utilized the "Retry" button available on some of the posts to see if the post will then go through after doing this re-connect? I just tried to re-apply your latest post, and it's showing as posted

William A
Susan_Weiner,_CFA
Marketing Expert

I just retried adding my LI several times in a row, and it appears to be connected now. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST