Change the main and billing account

user35926
Rookie
0 Votes

I am writing to seek your assistance with transferring the main (billing) account access. Our colleague, who was responsible for managing this account, has recently left the company. As a result, we are unable to manage user accounts or pay the upcoming bill.

I am currently one of the users on this account, and you may verify that I have been the only active user for the past two months. To ensure continued access and uninterrupted service, I need to transfer the main account access to myself.

Could you please guide me through the process of changing the main account access to my email address?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user35926 ,

If you're unable to login using the current account owner's credentials, or unable to access their email for forgotten username/password and MFA reset processes, then we'd need you to call general support. That way we can securely confirm a few details, go through our standard protocols, and get a case submitted to a team lead for the account ownership transfer.

If you are able to get logged in using their email and login credentials, then I'd recommend following along with our article on account ownership transfers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST