Constant Contact is telling me this isn't a valid url

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertT071
Rookie
0 Votes

I haven't had issues entering a url for a button before but Constant Contact is giving me an error message that this is not a valid url: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RobertT071 ,

I believe the issue has to do with the accented í in your URL, which is making the base URL that you pasted not able to be applied to the email editor. However, when I take the reformatted URL that our Community provides, I am able to link that in the email editor.

So, for our email editor, you'd need to replace "el-día-de-los-muertos" with "el-d%C3%ADa-de-los-muertos" in order for it to insert properly. Otherwise, you'd need to use something like a URL shortener to get a different URL for the document. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RobertT071 ,

I believe the issue has to do with the accented í in your URL, which is making the base URL that you pasted not able to be applied to the email editor. However, when I take the reformatted URL that our Community provides, I am able to link that in the email editor.

So, for our email editor, you'd need to replace "el-día-de-los-muertos" with "el-d%C3%ADa-de-los-muertos" in order for it to insert properly. Otherwise, you'd need to use something like a URL shortener to get a different URL for the document. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST