Contacts in the Awaiting Confirmation status

SOLVED
Go to solution
AAAuto
Rookie
0 Votes

I just started a campaign to build a client list for SMS Texting. Why do some customers who fill out the form and check the permission box get subscribed immediately while others are listed as awaiting confirmation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AAAuto ,

Even after clicking the checkmark box, they still need to confirm via the automatically sent text message that they do indeed wish to opt-in. If their carrier spammed out the message, or something on their device is causing the message to not display, then those Awaiting Confirmation SMS contacts would be stuck in that status. 

When it comes to these situations, it's best to have the contacts search for your 10DLC number in their messages, or try sending a direct YES message to your 10DLC. If these do not resolve the issue for the awaiting confirmation contacts, please call general support to provide specific examples of awaiting confirmation contacts that have taken these actions, so our higher level technical teams can investigate further. 

See also:

SMS permission policy

Importing SMS contacts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AAAuto ,

Even after clicking the checkmark box, they still need to confirm via the automatically sent text message that they do indeed wish to opt-in. If their carrier spammed out the message, or something on their device is causing the message to not display, then those Awaiting Confirmation SMS contacts would be stuck in that status. 

When it comes to these situations, it's best to have the contacts search for your 10DLC number in their messages, or try sending a direct YES message to your 10DLC. If these do not resolve the issue for the awaiting confirmation contacts, please call general support to provide specific examples of awaiting confirmation contacts that have taken these actions, so our higher level technical teams can investigate further. 

See also:

SMS permission policy

Importing SMS contacts

William A
AAAuto
Rookie
0 Votes

How do I find out what my 10LDC number is?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This info can be found under the SMS subtab of your My Account page:

SMS tab.png

For more info on managing your SMS settings, make sure to check out this article

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST