Customize Email Content By Salesperson

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertM42
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes
We have multiple contacts for our company. I assign each contact to a salesperson. I occasionally re-assign the contacts from one salesperson to another in bulk. When we send out an email, I often want it to to be customized with the name, picture, cel, email, and link etc for the salesperson currently assigned to that contact. Is there a way to customize a mass email so that it each recipient sees their assigned salespersons info within the email? Is it possible to do it in such a way that I can easily re-assign a batch of contacts from one salesperson to another? Thanks for any ideas!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @RobertM42 ,

In all honesty, it sounds like this would be easier managed by having separate templates saved with the respective salesperson's info setup within it. That way the Salesperson can easily copy their template, fill in the email as needed with images, product info, etc. , then schedule the email for the list they're assigned to.

If you're also going for a uniform design, then it'll streamline the process quite a bit. Simply make one agent's template and save it as "[Salesperson A]'s Template." Then you can copy that, make changes to the agent's info section, and then save that as its own separate temple with the respective [Salesperson B]'s Template. Simply repeat the process until you have separate, but uniform templates for all your individual salespeople. 

I'd recommend going through the following articles for some guidance on these processes:

That said, if your agents aren't going to be the ones setting up their emails, and you're trying to just have a single email with the exact same info (besides agent contact info) go out to all your account's contacts, then I'd recommend using dynamic content in your email. Keep in mind, that with dynamic content and your shifting list assignments, this would result in more management of the contacts' fields, in place of managing your emails' contents.

You'd need to set up a custom field for your contacts (call it something obvious like "Salesperson" or "Assigned Agent"), with the assigned salesperson's name as what's in that field. Then, when you're setting up your email, you'll have every single salesperson's block of info in it. However, to make sure only a specific agent's info shows to certain contacts, you'll set each block to be dynamic - to only show to a contact that has that custom field matching with the name of the agent. 

When you need to reassign contacts to different agents, I'd recommend figuring that all out outside of your account, in a spreadsheet program. Then you can upload the spreadsheet to your contacts, to overwrite their previous custom field info with the newly assigned agent's name.

For this process, these are the articles I'd recommend following along with:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @RobertM42 ,

In all honesty, it sounds like this would be easier managed by having separate templates saved with the respective salesperson's info setup within it. That way the Salesperson can easily copy their template, fill in the email as needed with images, product info, etc. , then schedule the email for the list they're assigned to.

If you're also going for a uniform design, then it'll streamline the process quite a bit. Simply make one agent's template and save it as "[Salesperson A]'s Template." Then you can copy that, make changes to the agent's info section, and then save that as its own separate temple with the respective [Salesperson B]'s Template. Simply repeat the process until you have separate, but uniform templates for all your individual salespeople. 

I'd recommend going through the following articles for some guidance on these processes:

That said, if your agents aren't going to be the ones setting up their emails, and you're trying to just have a single email with the exact same info (besides agent contact info) go out to all your account's contacts, then I'd recommend using dynamic content in your email. Keep in mind, that with dynamic content and your shifting list assignments, this would result in more management of the contacts' fields, in place of managing your emails' contents.

You'd need to set up a custom field for your contacts (call it something obvious like "Salesperson" or "Assigned Agent"), with the assigned salesperson's name as what's in that field. Then, when you're setting up your email, you'll have every single salesperson's block of info in it. However, to make sure only a specific agent's info shows to certain contacts, you'll set each block to be dynamic - to only show to a contact that has that custom field matching with the name of the agent. 

When you need to reassign contacts to different agents, I'd recommend figuring that all out outside of your account, in a spreadsheet program. Then you can upload the spreadsheet to your contacts, to overwrite their previous custom field info with the newly assigned agent's name.

For this process, these are the articles I'd recommend following along with:

William A
RobertM42
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks for this answer and the supporting details!  It's very detailed and looks like this is just not going to be too easy if I have 15 or 20 salespeople who change from time to time.  One thought I have is that I manage the salespeople in my HR/CRM system which is integrated with the CC API.  Each contact has its assigned salesperson's name/cel/email/url etc as a custom field.  Whenever I re-assign contacts in my HR/CRM System, it does a call to the API to update the custom fields for each re-assigned contact from old to new salesperson's info.

One challenge I see is that CC fields can only be one line text or date fields.  So I can't swap the salespersons headshot in custom fields.  Hmmm?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Correct. You wouldn't really need to be adding your salespeoples' full details to that custom field however. The point of the custom field is purely to make the emails' dynamic content work - where your salespeople's details and image will actually be. Remember with this method, you'll be setting up every single agent's block in the email, and then setting those blocks to only display for contacts whose custom field salesperson matches with that block. If a contact's custom field salesperson doesn't match with the block's dynamic criteria, then the block won't be included in their sendout.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST