Let's Play Bingo in Week 4 of the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Drip Campaigns and Trigger Links

user18331
Rookie
0 Votes

I am preparing a drip campaign for our annual giving appeal. I am wanting to set this up to send a thank you email once the donor has made a gift donation through our giving portal. How can I set this up in Constant Contact correctly since it is more than simply clicking on a link to our giving webpage - there is another link from here to the actual donation page. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user18331 ,

Can you elaborate a bit further on what it is you're looking to do? Or, can you provide more insight on how you intend to share out this donation page? Will it be via social, email, or some other method? How do you intend to collect the contact info of those who donated? The main thing will be essentially- how do you intend to get the contacts to trigger the automation?

The simplest solution I can think of, based on my initial read of your post, is setting up a tag specifically for this annual donation. It would need to be unique to other tags on the same topic for previous and future years (e.g. Annual Donation '24). That way, when the tag is added to this contact by you, it will trigger them entering the automation path. You can also setup a custom field to update for the contact as well, and upload the donation amount custom field when you also re-upload multiple contacts with the tags, or manually update them individually

Ultimately, I'd advise checking out our main article on the available automation triggers, as well as our getting started article for automations. Both of these articles, and other articles you may find relevant, are available via the Help tab in your account. These articles may give you some more insight on the most efficient path for follow-ups to your donation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 4: Multi-channel Campaign Creation

Developing a multi-channel marketing strategy is the best way to grow your audience across email, social media, and more!

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST