Email in Outlook does not look like the email I created in Constant Contact

MariaF583
Rookie
0 Votes

The email in Outlook that I received as a test email has some text that do not align with the rest of the text, despite it looking fine in Constant Contact. I have tried different adjustments but it does not correct it. Is there someone that can help me? I have not had this happen before. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MariaF583 ,

I'd advise reaching out to Outlook's support, to see what they suggest for Outlook settings that might be causing issues with your formatting. The biggest issue is that Outlook uses Word to read the coding for emails, whereas nearly every single other email client uses systems meant for reading emails. Due to this, many of the issues with properly reading email coding and displaying them plague other ESPs in similar ways, and have their own sporadic issues.

Our best recommendation would be to either continue tweaking the affected text and tables as you see fit till it works for your particular Outlook client, or to include a View as Webpage link.

I'd also recommend taking a look at this Community blog post, which covers some of the elements of designing emails for a variety of email programs, what pitfalls to avoid and can't be avoided, and what workarounds are available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST