Exporting contacts to XLS

SOLVED
Go to solution
TVV
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, When I export my contacts created via a landing page, the screen shows me a button to "export to a CSV file". I have all my custom fields defined as TEXT. When exported as a CSV file, TEXT fields containing only numbers (i.e. 14567889) are treated as "numeric" and show up in the .CSV file as "1.4567889E+7"..... Is there a way to force the export o use .XLS or .XLSX??? Custom Fields are limited to only TEXT or DATE....and in the export, TEXT is overridden if the field contains only numbers????? Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TVV ,

When you export contact reports from campaigns, the default is CSV, but you can also download an XLS version via your Contact Import/Export Activity page. I tested in your account just to make sure, and can confirm the CSV files will try to list like that based on spreadsheet program settings, but the XLS will have the numbers displayed out.

I will also note that despite the CSV formatting causing it to display like this in the cell of a spreadsheet program, it will display and import properly into your account if you end up with a contact import file that displays the info like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TVV ,

When you export contact reports from campaigns, the default is CSV, but you can also download an XLS version via your Contact Import/Export Activity page. I tested in your account just to make sure, and can confirm the CSV files will try to list like that based on spreadsheet program settings, but the XLS will have the numbers displayed out.

I will also note that despite the CSV formatting causing it to display like this in the cell of a spreadsheet program, it will display and import properly into your account if you end up with a contact import file that displays the info like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST