Extra Spaces Between Paragraphs in Outlook Emails

user663516
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, does anyone know why my newsletter has normal spacing in Constant Contact but when someone receives it in outlook there's a huge gap between paragraphs? How do you get rid of that? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user663516 ,

I'd advise checking the settings in the receiving Outlook program, to see if there's anything that'd be changing the email's layout. You're also welcome to reach out to Outlook's, to see what they suggest for Outlook settings that might be causing issues with your formatting. Otherwise, my next best recommendation would be to include a View as Webpage link.

The biggest issue is that Outlook uses Word to read the coding for emails, whereas nearly every single other email client uses systems meant for reading emails. I'd recommend taking a look at this Community blog post, which covers some of the elements of designing emails for a variety of email programs, what pitfalls to avoid and can't be avoided, and what workarounds are available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST