Facebook is maddening.

SOLVED
Go to solution
CharlieS378
Rookie
0 Votes

Okay, so I am a bit dramatic with my subject like BUT: I find it annoying that I am unable to link a BUSINESS IG account to my constant contact without creating a Business Profile on Facebook. I do NOT want to have a FB Page, but I now have to in order to utilize constant contact for social media output. I am very frustrated by this, and maybe it's unique to me - but I am frustrated that I now have to open, and manage, a profile I DO NOT want, in order to be able to have the "convenience" of posting through constant contact. I am not a big corporation, I am running an advocacy group by myself and honestly people are super hostile on FB and I am now not even sure how much I want to use CC, if i have to do extra work (manage a FB Page I dont even want) in order to use it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CharlieS378 ,

While I agree with the sentiment, this is ultimately a requirement from Meta for use of their APIs so we can post through your accounts on your behalf. You're welcome to voice your concerns and use cases to their support, however at this time it's something we must comply with to utilize their API.

If you're finding it's not worth managing the FB account, then it may be a better use of your time to simply work directly within Insta for posting, responding, and checking metrics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CharlieS378 ,

While I agree with the sentiment, this is ultimately a requirement from Meta for use of their APIs so we can post through your accounts on your behalf. You're welcome to voice your concerns and use cases to their support, however at this time it's something we must comply with to utilize their API.

If you're finding it's not worth managing the FB account, then it may be a better use of your time to simply work directly within Insta for posting, responding, and checking metrics.

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CharlieS378 ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST