Format a file before importing a contact list into Constant Contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidA161
Rookie
0 Votes
I am trying to upload a excel file with our contacts, but it keeps telling me I cannot upload an empty file. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DavidA161 ,

Contact files will receive this error during upload when there are multiple sheets and the first one is completely blank. The contact import system will only be able to read and import from the first sheet of an XLS or CSV file. You'll need to remove these extra sheets so only the sheet you want to upload is first.

If you continue to have issues, please read through our article on properly formatting contact files prior to import, or call our general support for live assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DavidA161 ,

Contact files will receive this error during upload when there are multiple sheets and the first one is completely blank. The contact import system will only be able to read and import from the first sheet of an XLS or CSV file. You'll need to remove these extra sheets so only the sheet you want to upload is first.

If you continue to have issues, please read through our article on properly formatting contact files prior to import, or call our general support for live assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST