Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Importing or Sharing Content Between Accounts

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarcR3209
Rookie
0 Votes

Our university has an "enterprise"/multi-user account to which various faculty are extended invitations to join and develop communiques. The challenge I face is wanting to have several work-study students develop email newsletters and surveys but the manager of the multi-user account does not want to grant access to students (which is reasonable). So, how can I have the students create the content outside of the multi-user account and then get the draft communique to me in my account (in the multi-user account)? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarcR3209 ,

My recommendation would be to have the students added as Campaign Creator user levels. This way, they only really have the capability of creating campaigns, but not actually publishing them, scheduling them, managing contacts, account elements, etc. With this setup, you'd also be able to freely manage and remove the students' access after they've completed what they need to.

With that said, if you feel like the students need more access and control to do what they need to, but don't want to grant them access to the main account, then a different setup would be necessary. The best I can recommend in this instance would be to reach out to our Partner team to see if they have a setup that would work for your university's needs in this instance. This way, each student would be able to create a separate account under your partnership that they'd have the freedom to work within, and you'd be able to access those. The Partner programs I'd recommend you consider applying for would be either the Agency Partner (good for having maximum control over the student accounts), or the Franchise and Multi-Account (good for being able to have a central hub for resources like branding, imagery, and sharing templates).

Otherwise, the only other option is for them to be building their emails using HTML coding, and providing that code so you can plug it into the custom code editor in your actual account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarcR3209 ,

My recommendation would be to have the students added as Campaign Creator user levels. This way, they only really have the capability of creating campaigns, but not actually publishing them, scheduling them, managing contacts, account elements, etc. With this setup, you'd also be able to freely manage and remove the students' access after they've completed what they need to.

With that said, if you feel like the students need more access and control to do what they need to, but don't want to grant them access to the main account, then a different setup would be necessary. The best I can recommend in this instance would be to reach out to our Partner team to see if they have a setup that would work for your university's needs in this instance. This way, each student would be able to create a separate account under your partnership that they'd have the freedom to work within, and you'd be able to access those. The Partner programs I'd recommend you consider applying for would be either the Agency Partner (good for having maximum control over the student accounts), or the Franchise and Multi-Account (good for being able to have a central hub for resources like branding, imagery, and sharing templates).

Otherwise, the only other option is for them to be building their emails using HTML coding, and providing that code so you can plug it into the custom code editor in your actual account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST