Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Is the back end of CC Screen Reader compatible (508 compliant)?

FCSN
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm in the process of hiring an administrative support role for my department, and my top candidate is blind and uses a screen reader. Will the Constant Contact software navigation work with screen reader technology (JAWS, NVDA, etc.)? Also, I found a message stating that CC emails don't use tags to indicate what are hearders vs. bodytext. This was from 2020. Has this been addressed? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @FCSN ,

My apologies for the delayed response. Regarding the question on tags being utilized for headers vs. bodytext, this has since been addressed and can be applied in the current editor. For more info, please see this article on formatting text.

Regarding the question on software functionality, we do have customers with visual disabilities that are able to utilize the editors, however there may admittedly be some functionalities that aren't fully compatible with particular screen readers. For more information on our system's accessibility, please see our Accessibility Statement. We're always looking for ways to improve our system, so if you or your client have any feedback on accessibility or incompatibility with a particular tool, please submit it via the channels mentioned on that page.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FCSN ,

My apologies for the delayed response. Regarding the question on tags being utilized for headers vs. bodytext, this has since been addressed and can be applied in the current editor. For more info, please see this article on formatting text.

Regarding the question on software functionality, we do have customers with visual disabilities that are able to utilize the editors, however there may admittedly be some functionalities that aren't fully compatible with particular screen readers. For more information on our system's accessibility, please see our Accessibility Statement. We're always looking for ways to improve our system, so if you or your client have any feedback on accessibility or incompatibility with a particular tool, please submit it via the channels mentioned on that page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FCSN
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for responding. The article and statement you shared is about making emails/newsletters screen readable -- accessible to audiences. I'm glad that earlier issues have been resolved. However what I'm speaking about is whether an administrator/user on the account can navigate functions using a screen reader. Design elements would obviously be handed by someone who is sighted, but data entry, clearning up mailing lists -- those types of administrative functions. Do you know, or does anyone know, if navigating via keyboard is possible?  Thanks for any further responses. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Regarding our Accessibility Collaboration Statement, we strive to make as much of our product (including account functionalities) be compatible with screen readers and similarly related tools. If your potential admin is finding a particular accessibility tool / program is not compatible with our site, or finds an area for improvement while utilizing the product, I'd recommend either calling the number or emailing the address shown in the Statement for feedback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST