Missing custom field...

SOLVED
Go to solution
SOWA2022
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

When I attempt to export in Constant Contact and choose to export all custom fields, my field titled "county" doesn't appear in the exported file. Additionally, it's also not visible when I try to edit criteria in segments. The only place where the custom field is visible is on the "manage custom fields" page and within the individual contact profiles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SOWA2022 ,

I was able to create segments using the "County" and "County (Health)" custom fields available in your account, and their info is available in contact exports that include custom field info. Please see your segments page for "CSC TEST COUNTY CUSTOM FIELD," as well as your import/export activity page's most recent export (August 16) to see these examples where that custom field is fully available. In the exported CSV file, you can even sort by the columns labelled "County" and "County (Health)" to see the contacts that have some kind of info for those.

I checked other elements in your account, and both custom fields available as insert options for contact details in emails, available as column options for your overall contacts view, and available as fillable options for sign up forms. Based on this testing in your account, anywhere these custom fields should be available, they are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

Top Answer
SOWA2022
Constant Contact Partner

Hi William. Again, I appreciate your help.

I was able to get in contact with Premier support and learned that the disappearance of my field was due to a limitation that permits only 50 custom fields at a time. The support team informed me that the engineers are actively developing a workaround for this issue. I thought it would be helpful to share this information with you in case someone else encounters a similar problem. :smileyface:

Once again, thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SOWA2022 ,

I was able to create segments using the "County" and "County (Health)" custom fields available in your account, and their info is available in contact exports that include custom field info. Please see your segments page for "CSC TEST COUNTY CUSTOM FIELD," as well as your import/export activity page's most recent export (August 16) to see these examples where that custom field is fully available. In the exported CSV file, you can even sort by the columns labelled "County" and "County (Health)" to see the contacts that have some kind of info for those.

I checked other elements in your account, and both custom fields available as insert options for contact details in emails, available as column options for your overall contacts view, and available as fillable options for sign up forms. Based on this testing in your account, anywhere these custom fields should be available, they are.

William A
SOWA2022
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.

I'm only seeing one test segment for "County (Health)" I am not seeing one with just "County"

When I try to add "county" as a criteria for you test segment, the option doesn't appear.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

lot of your contacts do not have any email addresses, which means your numbers of total (including those that are inactive and not billable) will be different from some areas you export.

I used the same segment to test both County and County (Health), I just edited the criteria after I confirmed County was available. I'd advise checking your contacts again, because I'm finding thousands among them (including actual contacts with email addresses) as not having info for either County nor County (Health).

All in all, the custom fields are working as intended, I think it'll just come down to you needing to go through your database, to make sure things are fully updated / filled in as they need to be. If you're importing this info into your Constant Contact account from a file, make sure you're selecting County or County (Health) as one of the import fields for the data if it's available.

I'd also advise going through your custom fields, and removing those that may no longer be pertinent to your contact management needs, as some sections of the site that function with custom field elements have a hard cap of 50 that they're able to show for selection.

Considering your overall list size, I'd recommend checking out this article, which covers managing larger lists and how to get in touch with our Premier Support team to better assist with managing all this contact info.

William A
SOWA2022
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi William. Again, I appreciate your help.

I was able to get in contact with Premier support and learned that the disappearance of my field was due to a limitation that permits only 50 custom fields at a time. The support team informed me that the engineers are actively developing a workaround for this issue. I thought it would be helpful to share this information with you in case someone else encounters a similar problem. :smileyface:

Once again, thank you.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST