Potential Customers Woocommerce List - Where source?

SOLVED
Go to solution
domes2
Rookie
0 Votes

We have the woocommerce integration and am I wondering how emails into the built in "Potential Customers" List is generated. We are having a problem with thousands of spam emails being added into the List every couple of days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @domes2 ,

The Potential Customers list that's pulled from WooCommerce is defined as clients that have "never made a purchase." These addresses entered into your site, but never made a commitment or purchased something from your WooCommerce store. If you're getting a large number of bots through this source, I'd advise reaching out to WooCommerce, since the contacts are coming from interactions on that side. They'd have better insight on how to prevent these bot address submissions to your store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @domes2 ,

The Potential Customers list that's pulled from WooCommerce is defined as clients that have "never made a purchase." These addresses entered into your site, but never made a commitment or purchased something from your WooCommerce store. If you're getting a large number of bots through this source, I'd advise reaching out to WooCommerce, since the contacts are coming from interactions on that side. They'd have better insight on how to prevent these bot address submissions to your store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST