Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Registering Guests for Events

SOLVED
Go to solution
InvictusATX
Campaign Contributor

Hello, 
I've found a workaround (100% discount code, then registering), but it would be very helpful if we could register anyone for an event from the backend without a promo code. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @InvictusATX ,

The workarounds to manually register someone for an event where registrants normally have to pay would be to:

• Use a promo code that only you (or these specialty registrants) know.
  • Have a separate event with no costs, that you use for their registrations.
  • Simply notify them with updates for the event without actually registering them.
  • Get them all the way to the point where they need to submit payment, and simply ignore the unpaid registration status.

At this time there are no plans to expand on this, since registering someone for a paid event without actually paying is already possible via multiple methods. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @InvictusATX ,

The workarounds to manually register someone for an event where registrants normally have to pay would be to:

• Use a promo code that only you (or these specialty registrants) know.
  • Have a separate event with no costs, that you use for their registrations.
  • Simply notify them with updates for the event without actually registering them.
  • Get them all the way to the point where they need to submit payment, and simply ignore the unpaid registration status.

At this time there are no plans to expand on this, since registering someone for a paid event without actually paying is already possible via multiple methods. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
InvictusATX
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I appreciate the other suggested work arounds, but respectfully, this is not a solution. When I'm on the backend and click the "Register Someone" button at the top, a form should pop up that allows me to select the ticket type, enter the person's information, and register them for the event. I hope your developers will consider adding this simple feature. Thank you for your consideration.

AnnA295
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

William, I agree with the other poster, this "workaround" is not a solution. With Legacy, the Promo Code could be kept hidden from the guests. Now, if we have a reason to comp someone and use the promo code the guest sees the code in the confirmation. What's the point of that?  I tripped over this design flaw in Events 2.0 (one of many we've all been struggling with) and phoned the 800# Events team to share this and ask that it be added to the list of things for your engineers to deal with.  The rep didn't seem to "get" it and the call "suddenly dropped." She did not call back. I think the Customer Service folks are much less experienced than the team from a few years ago and they, too, are struggling with 2.0.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST