Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Social Media Icons not Showing Up in Test Email

user5537672
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

I put in a social block at the bottom of my email template and sent a test email to make sure that everything looked nice, but the test email I received is not showing the icon pictures. The links are working appropriately, but the actual images are not appearing. See below for reference of what is showing up in the test email vs what is showing up on the template.

Note: this issue is only happening when I open the email up on PC. The icons are showing up normally if I open the test email on my mobile device.

How can I fix this so that those who receive the email can see the icons?

test email: 

user5537672_0-1724943212988.pngvs 

template:

user5537672_1-1724943293025.png

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user5537672 ,

Is this occurring in every email program / app you have access to, or just one in particular? Is the affected program/app preventing images from displaying/download without an explicit prompt? Is the program/app fully up-to-date? Does this occur on other PCs or desktop setups you (or your colleagues/organization) have access to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user5537672
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hello William,

This is occurring on just one so far. It is not working on Outlook emails. I sent the test to a gmail to see if it would work and it worked fine on the gmail platform. The Outlook app is not providing an explicit prompt when the images are not displaying. My PC and Outlook are completely up to date and I am even using the new version of Outlook. This is occurring on other PCs as I sent it also to some of my colleagues to their Outlook accounts and the images were not showing up on their computers either.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd advise reaching out to Outlook support then, to see what insight they'd be able to offer on their program's ability to render the icons for you and your colleagues.

William A
user5537672
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

I truly don't think the issue is Outlook because as I mentioned above, I can open the email on outlook on my mobile device and the icons appear normally. The issue is when opening the email on a PC. 

Has there been an issue previously reported with icons struggling to appear on just computer devices? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user5537672 ,

The Outlook mobile app runs on a completely different system from their desktop program. I'd advise reaching out to Outlook for further insight on why their desktop program won't render the images correctly, when other email programs (including their mobile app) can. 

See also:

Display Issues – Why does my email look different when received?

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST