Tracking of where leads come from

ChrisP5796
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi! I'm using Wordpress + Constant Contact's Wordpress Plugin. I have a form that is generated by the plugin shown on a landing page on Wordpress. I want to be able to have multiple landing pages all funneled into the same Constant Contact List, but want to be able to track where each lead came from. I.e. If I have Landing Page (LP) 1, LP 2, and LP 3, and send them all to LIST 1, how do I look at LIST 1 and know if a lead came from LP 1, LP 2, or LP 3. Ideally I would also like to see analytics on how many leads came from each LP source. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

If the landing pages are fully originating from Wordpress, then unless you have something setup on the Wordpress side to auto-tag the contacts during their import to indicate their source, we wouldn't be able to pull that info for you. It will all display as having come from the Wordpress integration as their source.

If you're unable to setup some kind of auto-tagging on the WP side, then your other options would be to utilize the landing page forms that you can create in your Constant Contact account, or you'd need to have the WP forms submit their entries to separate lists.

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChrisP5796 ,

You'd need to look at the individual landing pages' reports for that information, as the contacts' source will all say they came from a landing page, but won't specify which exact one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ChrisP5796
Rookie
0 Votes

The landing pages are pages that are on the Wordpress website, not controlled by CC.  Are you saying I need to setup google analytics tracking for the Wordpress site for this specific function (likely google tags), or if I use CC landing pages, those landing pages would track that data inside CC?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If the landing pages are fully originating from Wordpress, then unless you have something setup on the Wordpress side to auto-tag the contacts during their import to indicate their source, we wouldn't be able to pull that info for you. It will all display as having come from the Wordpress integration as their source.

If you're unable to setup some kind of auto-tagging on the WP side, then your other options would be to utilize the landing page forms that you can create in your Constant Contact account, or you'd need to have the WP forms submit their entries to separate lists.

William A
ChrisP5796
Rookie
0 Votes

Yeah, that's mostly what I'm trying to figure out.  I'm using the Constant Contact Plugin (the one made by CC), and I don't see any ability to auto-tag contacts or send over any sort of hidden custom fields.    Is this just not a feature the plugin has?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing inherent about the Wordpress integration to provide auto-tagging as a hidden field. It'd need to be something you check if the WP side is able to provide, or try Google Analytics with. Otherwise, I'd advise either using our LPs, or have the different forms feed into different lists. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST