Valid E-mail Address Question

CarolynF66
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Is Constant Contact able to allow e-mail tags with two dots/periods or more? I have a reliable e-mail address which is a branch of a larger organization. This is not the exact address but the similar format to my question. Let's use the example e-mail of: jdoe@test.domain.org Is this double-dot address accepted? I get the notice that the "e-mail address is invalid"- is there a way to circumvent this?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarolynF66 ,

Multiple periods in an email address is perfectly acceptable and common. I even re-tested in my account just to confirm:

multi dot email.png

Is there anything else unusual about the email address, - like accented letters, apostrophes, or other elements that stand out compared to other emails you have verified, or contacts you have imported?

Ultimately if you're having issues getting an address verified on your account, it's best to call our general support. They can confirm security permissions live per our protocols, and then get the address administratively verified for your account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST