Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

When is the best time to send an email?

DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

We get asked that question quite a bit. Generally, the best days and times to send an email are Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday in the early morning or mid-morning.

• These days are better for higher open and response rates because Monday can be busy with people catching up from the weekend and on Friday, people are often winding down.
  • These times are better because either people are looking at their emails at the very start of their day or mid-morning when they have likely cleared out their morning work emails.

What it really depends on, however, is the audience, industry and purpose of the email. After you send a few emails out using the general guidelines above, review your send history and open rate reporting and experiment a bit to determine the best time to send your email. Constant Contact has a great article that covers reviewing your email results. https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/5674-find-t...

I hope this is helpful. Have more questions? Contact me! I’m always happy to help.

First and Last Name

Business Name

Link Text

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris-S
Administrator

Hello David,

I appreciate your insightful advice! I agree that the timing can significantly affect the open and response rates. Your point also serves as a valuable reminder that while general guidelines can be useful, conducting experiments with various timings and evaluating the outcomes is crucial in determining the most effective approach for your particular audience. Thank you for sharing! 

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Nick_S
Administrator

Good points, Chris and thanks for the additional insights, David. I'd wager utilizing A/B testing for subject lines would also be useful to include when trying to narrow down the most effective time to send. If you send an email at 9AM and try out two different subject lines, you can see which one performed better.

I don't think there's a way to even collect this data, but I'd be super curious if different types of subject lines performed differently at different times of day. Like, am I more likely to click on an email with an urgent subject line first thing in the morning or in the afternoon? I never paid attention before, but maybe I'll start!

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Abigail_S
Administrator

I love the idea of testing out subject lines, @Nick_S ! What a great idea! 

If anyone tries this, I would love to know which subject lines worked best for you. Share below! 

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST