importing PDF with hyperlinks

user2473063
Rookie
0 Votes

When I try to import a PDF (made in Canva), it shows both a .pdf and .png being uploaded, but then only the .png file is available in the library. Where did the .pdf version go?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user2473063 ,

PDFs can't be directly embedded into the email - only linked to. Only the image versions can be directly embedded into the email. You'd either need to go with the standard PDF email route of encouraging your recipients to click and view the full document, or you'd need to recreate the email in the builder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user2473063
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm trying to use a PDF for the image on a landing page, not in an email.  Can I use it there?  I'm trying to preserve some hyperlinks rather than having a bunch of buttons below the image.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The same functionality would apply - either you'd need to recreate the document via the landing page editor, or you'd need to include a link that redirects to the main PDF file. When it comes to just trying to convince people to click links, the latter option is rather redundant, and you might as well just share the PDF file's direct URL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST