cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site.
We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Please remove RECOMMENDED FOR REMOVAL as the DEFAULT category for displayed bounces. If you need a default, it should be ALL BOUNCES. It is a HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME when I have to go back to selecting ALL BOUNCES. All bounces are of concern to me, not just the ones YOU think I should be concerned about. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! Thanks.

198 Comments

Hi Dean, 

I apologize for the confusion, It sounds like you are viewing only the email addresses recommended for removal. Use the drop down menu on the right to change the addresses you are seeing. 

11-15-2013 10-27-23 AM.jpg

Thanks for this feedback. One thing to clarify, the bounce screen you mentioned is correct. When you click to view your bounces it will show the are recommended for removal bounces. You can use the drop down on the right to change this information.

Occasional Visitor
The edit and delete button are a little close to each other, to easy to click the wrong one. The site is looking so good loving it!!
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
The bounce report is now in the reporting for the individual email campaign rather than in the Contacts.
CTCT Employee
Are you just looking at the email details page? Because if you click on the number of bounces from there, it should bring you to the report that shows which addresses bounced and gives you the ability to edit or remove those addresses.
Frequent Visitor
It says we have 13 bounces but only shows me 8 How do I find the other 5?
Regular Visitor
Where did it go? Kind of important.
Visitor

I agree = it used to be so easy to click the Manage Bounces button and there you went - now it's impossible to find and takes so many steps it's ridiculous.

Not a good upgrade.

@LanellS2 wrote:
I am disappointed as you took something easy and managable and made it complicated. Managing bounces used to be a simple click now it is a massive procedure. Not a happy customer

Frequent Visitor

Even though the e-mail report says that there are 2 messages that bounced, when I click on the 2, all I get is a blank page!

Now, I have been informed that the way to see which ones they are is to click on the drop down menu next to "Recommended for Removal" and choose "All Bounce Types."  That works, but it's extremely annoying to have to take ANOTHER step, just to see information that used to be readily available!

So, here's my suggestion: It doesn't make any sense to have the view default to something that (at least in my case) has NO INFORMATION on it.  It would be MUCH more useful if it defaulted to the "All Bounce Types" view in the first place.  Then, if someone had 600 bounces & they wanted to see only a portion of them, they could then choose which ones they wanted to see.  But I've never had more than 3 or 4, so it's a pain to have to take another step, just to be able to see them!

Plan B?  Go back to the previous version of the site, because this revision has made EVERYTHING *much* harder & more complicated!!!

PLEASE CONTACT ME
All Star
Your new system for managing bounces is really cumbersome and time consuming. If I use the drop down menu to sort by those your recommend for removal and then go in and look at some of the contacts, I find that they've only had one bounce in years and years of us emailing them. We all know this can happen randomly, so I don't want to remove them and using your suggestion would kill my list. If I go to "undeliverable address, " it sorts through the list. I can then click on the first person to see how often they've bounced. If they've bounced repeatedly and I want to remove them, there's no way to do that from their contacts screen. I have to go back out to the list of bounces, resort by "undeliverable address" and then try to remember which customer needed to be removed. Surely there must be an easier way. Also - I am used to using Chrome. I never, ever use anything else. Until your recent update, everything was rosy. Now I had to install Firefox and Safari, update Java, and log in to use one of those browsers JUST to use CC. That makes no sense to me. Why update to something that won't work on some browsers? When in Firefox, CC runs so slowly it makes me crazy. I am running Mavericks 10.9.1 and have a brand new MacBookPro. I've chatted, I've submitted support tickets, etc. and nothing has gotten fixed. I really, really hate your new system.
Occasional Contributor
tryign to update bounces. it isn't fluid or easy.
CTCT Employee
It's still there! If you click on the contact to look at their details, you'll see it on the right under Engagement.
All Star
Bounced e-mails: Says there are 9, but shows only 3. Why?? Best regards, Magne Bell
Occasional Visitor
There are to many steps to retrieve contact info, 4 steps to get lists, then waiting for download and then having to manipulate the data to print only what is relevant.....only to find that there is no title, no captions, nothing to identify the list, just words on paper. And having to to this for 2 companies and 4 times for each company....I don't think this will last to long. Not user friendly at all, not well thought out...almost like going back in time...nothing to like here...move along
All Star
Where is the listing for the bounces?
All Star
It should be possible to export to excel sheet only one category at the time, category of bounces. It should also be possible to see the different categories when writing in this box, but it is not. Best regards, Magne Bell
All Star
I cannot find where to check on bounces and this new layout is really very frustrating to find you r way through when you need to check on contacts quickly.
The summary report says we have three bounces, but the bounce list only shows one.
Occasional Contributor
My email Capturing Correspondence had 8 bounces, but in the "new" system, when I click on the (8) in the summary, it only shows me 2 addresses that were undeliverable. I need to see ALL 8 bounces, as I was able to do in the old system.

Hi Kay,

It sounds like you are viewing only the bounces recommended for removal. Try using the drop down on the right to control what bounces you see.

Thanks,

I want to delete the contacts that bounced back the last time, but cant see how to filter for that?

Thanks for this feedback!

Established Member
which e-mails are constantly bounce between the undeliverable and the Non existence. if we can we can clean the list and eliminate the bounce e-mails. thank you Issac

Is this option of deleting bounces available?  I do not see it under Contact Management.  Please advise.

I have searched in the discussion board and am trying to track the dates of responses, but it is still unclear.

It looks like there used to be a function under Contact managment to delete bounced emails, but this is no longer available?   Is there an antcipated date of when this will reappear?

Any clear instructions on how to delete bounced email addresses? This effects our pricing plan by keeping erroneous email addresses.

Please advise.

wchiu@ssg.org

HI Wendy,

You can still remove bouncing email addresses right from the reporting page. Check off all or some of the addresses in the list and use the "Remove Emails" button in the header. You will need to confirm that you understand that these addresses will be removed (unsubscribed) from your account and you won't be able to reimport them.

1-17-2014 8-34-19 AM.jpg

Thanks!

How do I know if the emails I send out are correct? I recv'd an email stating 21 had bounced back. Where do I find this info so I can update them?
Occasional Contributor
Can't find my email list of bounce reports so I can't manage bounces. When following the FAQ help it doesn't display the list. Please, either change it back to the way it was or give us some new instructions on how to get there.
Occasional Visitor
please bring back the old method of reviewing your bouced addresses, it was simple and everything could be done from just a couple of windows. This is so time consuming and unclear. PLEASE MAKE IT SIMPLE AGAIN. Thanks

Hi Jim,

Can you try clicking the Email tab and then the reports link? You will want to click the hyperlinked number of bounces showing on the right of email name to view the details. 

HI Wendy,

While you are viewing your bounces check off the contacts you want to delete and use the Remove Emails button in the header. 

HI David,

It sounds like you are viewing only the contacts recommended for removal. Use the menu on the right to change the view.

1-20-2014 1-25-10 PM.jpg

Occasional Contributor
showing that 35 emails bounced but when i look at list there are only 25 addresses on it. where are the other 10?

Hi LouisCascioO,

It sounds like you might be viewing only the bounces that are "Recommended for Removal". Use the menu on the right to change the information that is showing for you.

1-21-2014 8-54-34 AM.jpg

Thanks for sharing all of this feedback with us!

Occasional Visitor
Need to make the process of cleaning up bounced emails much easier. Need to show company name, return user back to same place on list if click on the account, need to be able to remove info once contact is corrected or delete. TOO time consuming to scroll through hundreds of pages of contacts. Other email contact companies have figured this out. Constant Contact should too.
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that this isn't the best situation for you. Could you provide me with what would be the best steps to help you accomplish what you want to do?

To remove a contact, you can uncheck "permission to send" or click the X on the name of the list(s) that they're on from their contact details page to remove them from your lists.

Are you still experiencing slowness?

Occasional Participant
Says I have 8 bounces but only 5 show in list. How do I know others?

It sounds like you are viewing "Recommended For Removal" only. Use the drop down menu to the right of the bounce list to control what you are seeing. 

Regular Visitor
I think the previous version was superior to the new upgrade. Previously, you could click on a bounce and see a history of dates and times it bounced. Now if you click on a bounce for an email broadcast, you can only see the bounce for that email. You have to go to the previous email broadcast to check if it had previously bounced. This is definitely not an improvement and results in the user spending much more time to find out the complete bounce history for an email address.
Visitor
The report says I have 56 bounced emails. When I open the bounced emails list it only lists 42 bounced contacts. And these contacts are not in Alpha order. For the record, I prefer how the site used to work and do not like this version at all. There are many other issues, for instance; it's not as easy to search for contacts - takes you to another page if you want to change the serach criteria, the old system let you select the criteria on the first page.
CTCT Employee

Hi,

Thank you for providing feedback. When you first open the bounce page, by default it shows the bounces that are "Recommended for Removal." On the right side of the screen you will see "Display."  You can click on the drop-down and choose to see a specific category or 'All bounce types."

Your additional feedback has been sent to our product developers. Please continue submitting any feedback you have.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Have you tried editing any contacts who need to be edited on the bounce reporting?

1-30-2014 11-15-11 AM.jpg

Frequent Visitor
when managing the bounces of an email campaign, If you are on the list, and you get into one of the contacts to either fix it or remove it, when returning back, you go to the first page of the list, not back to the page where the contact was. if the bounces list is bit enough to have several pages, it takes time.
Can I please use the old GUI. I have 4 other accounts and all have the other old look.
All Star
Very labourious now. I have found how to get into the list to manage bounces but once done editing, there is no back button to return to the previous screen so you have to go through the whole process to get back into the list again. Not very efficient.
Occasional Visitor
Why did you screw it up???
All Star
I thought I saw an easy way to mass delete bounces, but I can't find it.
CTCT Employee

Hi Bart,

Unfortunately, we are not able to switch you back to the old look. Our developers are working to convert every account into the new system. I am including some information in the link below to manage bounces:

Remove Bounced Email Addresses