Can't upload anything!

SOLVED
Go to solution
AaronG132
Rookie
0 Votes

Just signed up for this service.  I'm attempting to upload a video from YouTube.  I pasted the link as directed, but CC seems to get stuck generating the thumbnail.  I just get the spinning wheel forever and it never generates.  I tried clicking on "change thumbnail" and uploading a different image, but when I did this and clicked through, my video never appeared, and I was just back to the drawing board.  I also tried just uploading the video file from my computer, but I got an error message saying "There was an error uploading your video, please try again later."  Please help!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AaronG132 ,

Videos can't be hosted in the account library or embedded in emails, so there wouldn't be a way to upload it as an attachment for the email. Is the YouTube video set to Unlisted or Private? Is it the Share URL that YT provides, or is it something you copied from the address bar? Are you able to open the URL in an Incognito window or on other browsers without issue?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AaronG132 ,

Videos can't be hosted in the account library or embedded in emails, so there wouldn't be a way to upload it as an attachment for the email. Is the YouTube video set to Unlisted or Private? Is it the Share URL that YT provides, or is it something you copied from the address bar? Are you able to open the URL in an Incognito window or on other browsers without issue?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST