Managing email contacts can be a daunting task, especially when dealing with multiple platforms and applications. This is where syncing email marketing with the apps you already use– like Stripe, Square, Shopify, Salesforce, and others– becomes invaluable.

What is contact syncing?

Contact syncing refers to the process of integrating and synchronizing customer data across different platforms and applications. It allows businesses to maintain a unified and consistent view of their customers' information, regardless of where it is stored. In the context of email marketing, contact syncing involves connecting email marketing software with other technology platforms.

Some of the available integrations include:

There are a lot to choose from and some might be more applicable to your business than others, so it's important to research which integration(s) will help you achieve your marketing goals.

Why is syncing your email contacts with your other technology important?

• Elaina Holm, Simple SipsElaina Holm, Simple SipsAccurate and up-to-date customer data: By syncing email contacts with other technology platforms, businesses can ensure that customer information remains accurate and up-to-date. For example, when a customer makes a purchase through Shopify or WooCommerce, their contact details, including email address, can be automatically updated in the email marketing software. This eliminates the need for manual data entry and reduces the risk of outdated or incorrect customer information.

“It was so easy to link up to my Shopify store. I was able to just pull everything from my online store and make sure I have everything all set because it's so important that I am sending the correct information to my customers.” - Elaina Holm, Simple Sips

• Enhanced segmentation and personalization: Syncing email contacts with platforms like Salesforce or MindBody allows businesses to leverage the rich customer data stored in these systems. This data can be used to segment email lists based on various criteria, such as purchase history, demographics, or engagement levels. By segmenting email lists, businesses can deliver more targeted and personalized email campaigns, resulting in higher open rates, click-through rates, and ultimately, conversions.
  • Streamlined workflows and automation: Syncing email contacts with apps like Stripe, Square, or eBay enables businesses to automate various processes and workflows. For instance, when a customer completes a purchase through Stripe or Square, an automated email can be triggered to confirm the order and provide relevant information. This not only saves time but also ensures that customers receive timely and relevant communications, improving their overall experience.
  • Consistent customer experience: Syncing email contacts with various technology platforms helps maintain a consistent customer experience across different touch points. When customer data is synchronized, businesses can ensure that customers receive consistent messaging and offers, regardless of the platform they interact with. This consistency builds trust and strengthens the overall brand perception.
  • Improved efficiency and productivity: Manual data entry and management can be time-consuming and prone to errors. By automating the syncing process, businesses can free up valuable time and resources, allowing their teams to focus on more strategic tasks. This increased efficiency and productivity can lead to better overall business performance.

How do I connect my preferred integration with Constant Contact?

If you haven't identified an integration listed above you're using or want to set up, you can review a list of the more prominent integrations available and direct links to their tutorials. As there are thousands of possible integrations available, we can't possibly list them all (but we're trying!).

We want to hear from you! As there are so many to choose from and some are really tailored for certain industries or business-types, we're curious which integrations are most relevant to you. Let us know in the comments!

Version history
Last update:
‎03-19-2024 02:29 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors