Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Schedule email for multiple dates without making copies

0 Votes

From a dynamic email list that I have constructed in DonorPerfect i would like to send the same email at the first of every calendar quarter.  Because this email list changes every quarter based on a DP filter (member expiration date in the next calendar quarter) the scheduled quarterly email would not go to the same constituents. We are looking to remind members that have an expiration date in the following quarter to renew their membership.  

Currently I have to copy/save last quarter's email and then schedule it for the future date.  This is a repetitive manual process that new functionality would make much easier and streamlined.  We have the technology; can we use it?  Thanks for the consideration.   -craig dickstein, Maine Appalachian Trail Club

4 Comments
Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @CraigD,

Thank you for your idea! To make sure I understand correctly, you send four emails a year to the same list, but the list itself updates quarterly. The issue is that you currently copy the quarterly email three additional times and schedule for the desired date later in the year. Instead of having to create copies of the same email, you want to have one email that you could just schedule four separate times?

And the content doesn't change between each email campaign, correct?

It's a good idea and I'll be happy to track your feedback in your account for our developers.

Nick_S
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

CraigD
Rookie

Yes, I believe you've got it.  To clarify, the list is not the same quarterly as it is dynamically updated by DonorPerfect based on a filter --  dpudf.[MCAT_EXPIRE_DATE] BETWEEN dpo.FirstDayofNextQuarter() AND dpo.LastDayofNextQuarter().  Consider an annual membership; it comes due once a year, so John Doe is only going to get one of the quarterly reminders.  The email content does not change, the mail list does.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Thank you @CraigD. At this time, scheduling recurring emails in bulk isn't possible. You will need to copy each email and schedule it ahead of time. 

We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request for scheduling multiple emails in advance, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Resources
Getting Started with Ideas

Welcome to Ideas! This board is dedicated to providing a space for our intrepid users to provide personal insight and feedback on additions and enhancements they’d like to see in your Constant Contact account.

Read more
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More