Anyone else having issues with copy reverting to previous versions?

SOLVED
Go to solution
KansasDiscovery
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

We always copy our last campaign and update and have recently experienced multiple instances of headlines not updating to new copy. They are updated, saved, and at some point revert to what they said when we first copied them. It's impacted two emails this week. At first, I thought I was just forgetting to update but now it's repeated multiple times. Anyone else seeing this bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KansasDiscovery ,

There's a couple of things that could cause this kind of behavior, based on prior support threads and requests I've dealt with.

_______

The first would be just general connectivity-based. If an email is particularly long and content-packed, it could cause lag from bandwidth overload that could result in unpredictable behavior. Another source of connectivity issues includes interference from an ad/pop-up blocker, VPN, or other security software erroneously trying to block elements from our site from functioning as intended. Incompatible browser extensions, as well as problematic caching or cookies that need to be cleared can also cause site issues. Temporarily disabling these tools, and then refreshing our site can help narrow down the source of the issues. Testing to see if the issue occurs on other browsers, in Incognito/Private mode, on other devices, or even other networks can also help narrow down the source of the problem.

I'd recommend going through our article on connectivity troubleshooting, or checking our Community Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

_______

The second would be caused by the campaign being too many generations of copied-copies deep. When an email is copied, certain bits of background coding can build up, and each subsequent copy of a copied email will just build this in perpetuity. Enough built-up junk coding and erratic behavior with the builder can start to also occur - visually in previews / test sends or with the builder itself. This happens regardless of email editor and program, just by nature of how these systems work, though there are background functionalities in our system to mitigate the frequency of erroneous coding build up. Copying from an earlier-built or more direct source (like a reusable template) can assist with avoiding the junk coding build-up that can occur from copying copies-of-copies. 

To test if this might be the cause of your issues, I'd advise testing by creating a brand new email from scratch, and seeing if the formatting and saving issues also occur in that newer template. If they do, then your issue is more likely to be connectivity-based, if not, then it's likely tied to the specific email / template you're working with.

________

If none of those alleviate the issues, please call our general support number so they can continue troubleshooting with you live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KansasDiscovery ,

There's a couple of things that could cause this kind of behavior, based on prior support threads and requests I've dealt with.

_______

The first would be just general connectivity-based. If an email is particularly long and content-packed, it could cause lag from bandwidth overload that could result in unpredictable behavior. Another source of connectivity issues includes interference from an ad/pop-up blocker, VPN, or other security software erroneously trying to block elements from our site from functioning as intended. Incompatible browser extensions, as well as problematic caching or cookies that need to be cleared can also cause site issues. Temporarily disabling these tools, and then refreshing our site can help narrow down the source of the issues. Testing to see if the issue occurs on other browsers, in Incognito/Private mode, on other devices, or even other networks can also help narrow down the source of the problem.

I'd recommend going through our article on connectivity troubleshooting, or checking our Community Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

_______

The second would be caused by the campaign being too many generations of copied-copies deep. When an email is copied, certain bits of background coding can build up, and each subsequent copy of a copied email will just build this in perpetuity. Enough built-up junk coding and erratic behavior with the builder can start to also occur - visually in previews / test sends or with the builder itself. This happens regardless of email editor and program, just by nature of how these systems work, though there are background functionalities in our system to mitigate the frequency of erroneous coding build up. Copying from an earlier-built or more direct source (like a reusable template) can assist with avoiding the junk coding build-up that can occur from copying copies-of-copies. 

To test if this might be the cause of your issues, I'd advise testing by creating a brand new email from scratch, and seeing if the formatting and saving issues also occur in that newer template. If they do, then your issue is more likely to be connectivity-based, if not, then it's likely tied to the specific email / template you're working with.

________

If none of those alleviate the issues, please call our general support number so they can continue troubleshooting with you live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST