Announcing Campaign Builder!

BETA questions Promote your event online

AnneK39
Marketing Legend

As a current user of Constant Contact, I am reading everything I can find on the beta version that will go into affect in 2024. No where can I find information on: 1. How to link live events scheduled through Constant Contact ON A LIVE CALENDAR that customers may visit and use for their purchases. The current legacy version of Constant Contact has this and we rely heavily on our live calendar of events. I see no options in the 2024 beta events we’ve drafted to add events to alive calendar. 2. Once a beta event is created I’m asked to select from the drop-down list where subscribers information will be captured. It does NOT IMPORT MY CURRENT LIST of subscribers as an option. How and when will my current subscribers be forwarded to beta event list?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @AnneK39 ,

There is currently no way to share or manage an event calendar within Events 2.0. We are currently tracking interest in the development of this feature for the newer event tool. If you'd like to provide further information use cases I'd recommend posting to this Feedback thread for other Community users to check out, vote on, and provide further info for. 

Events 2.0 has links available for sharing to sites -whether as links on your site, links in social posts / replies / messages, or other places a link can be pasted. Additionally, registrants have the ability to download and add the .ICS file to their own calendars if they so desire.

When testing in my account, I go to select a list from the dropdown and all of my lists are present. Is it only the one particular list that's missing, even after scrolling all the way down on the dropdown on your side? Or does the dropdown seem to cut off after a certain number of lists, and you have multiple that aren't showing on it?

Keep in mind that this list selection while creating your event is for what list registrants will be added to if they opt into further emails, whether they're already a contact or not. Otherwise, list selection doesn't really come into play for events until you're scheduling an email you have associated with it. 

3 REPLIES 3
AnneK39
Marketing Legend
As a current user of Constant Contact, I am reading everything I can find on the beta version that will go into affect in 2024. No where can I find information on: 1. How to link live events scheduled through Constant Contact ON A LIVE CALENDAR that customers may visit and use for their purchases. The current legacy version of Constant Contact has this and we rely heavily on our live calendar of events. I see no options in the 2024 beta events we’ve drafted to add events to alive calendar. 2. Once a beta event is created I’m asked to select from the drop-down list where subscribers information will be captured. It does NOT IMPORT MY CURRENT LIST of subscribers as an option. How and when will my current subscribers be forwarded to beta event list?
AnneK39
Marketing Legend

William, our business creates and posts, through Constant Contact, over 50 events a year. Will we be able to link all the events to a live calendar so our customers can browse there and register through Constant Contact? I don’t want to have to individually share an events link over and over. In the legacy version a live event calendar was easily activated by checking a box when the event was scheduled. Where is that feature in the beta?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AnneK39 ,

There is currently no way to share or manage an event calendar within Events 2.0. We are currently tracking interest in the development of this feature for the newer event tool. If you'd like to provide further information use cases I'd recommend posting to this Feedback thread for other Community users to check out, vote on, and provide further info for. 

Events 2.0 has links available for sharing to sites -whether as links on your site, links in social posts / replies / messages, or other places a link can be pasted. Additionally, registrants have the ability to download and add the .ICS file to their own calendars if they so desire.

When testing in my account, I go to select a list from the dropdown and all of my lists are present. Is it only the one particular list that's missing, even after scrolling all the way down on the dropdown on your side? Or does the dropdown seem to cut off after a certain number of lists, and you have multiple that aren't showing on it?

Keep in mind that this list selection while creating your event is for what list registrants will be added to if they opt into further emails, whether they're already a contact or not. Otherwise, list selection doesn't really come into play for events until you're scheduling an email you have associated with it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST