Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Can not include CC's in E-mail link to pre-filled Email

SNCA
Rookie
0 Votes

I am attempting to create a link to an e-mail that would prefill to multiple e-mail addresses and include a subject line as well as the body of the email. When I follow the instructions for the HTML inclusion of CC's to add the additional addresses (or use a generator that includes cc's) the Constant Contact line for address gives me an error message to enter a valid e-mail address. I even cut and pasted a link from an old Constant Contact campaign that worked in the old campaign but will not be accepted in the address line when I attempt to edit the e-mail link in the newly created campaign e-mail link.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SNCA ,

There is currently an issue when coding in CC'd and BCC'd addresses for the Mailto: link. I've tracked the issue to your account, and you'll be notified of any updates by the devs if and when they have them.

In the meantime, the only viable workaround I can recommend is to not include a CC or BCC element in your mailto: link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
1000Friendso
Rookie
0 Votes

I would also like an update to this issue. This is a real downside to Constant Contact for my organization and our subscription. Considering dropping CC for a service that allows more flexibility with the "Mailto" tool. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST