Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Font issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
BintheLoop
Rookie
0 Votes

Per my organization's brand guideline, all of my fonts have to be trebuchet, size 14 for text and size 20 for header. Colors have to either be black, white, or grey. Background colors have to be official brand colors, usually white, purple, or blue. On the back end of my Contant Contact campaign, the font is all correct and has no issues. As soon as I send out a preview or the actual newsletter, the font will change size, font type, and colors in the most random areas of the newsletter. For the last 2 months, every word that has a URL link has changed to a light blue color, making it impossible to read when I have a purple or blue background. Can you all help me fix this bug issue? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BintheLoop ,

For a lot of email programs, it's 100% dependent on how the recipient has chosen for emails' text to display (default being Sans Serif), but is also dependent on what fonts are actually available in the program, browser, or device.

Similarly with links, some email programs (particularly Outlook) will force links to show as blue and underlined as a security measure, since phishing emails have historically tried to hold bad links as normal-looking text. This is a default functionality that you might be able to alter in your email program's settings, but there's no guarantees with this.

If the receiving side's default elements and existing font options don't include the font type you've selected, there's nothing that can be done besides using a more basic, email-safe font type. Otherwise, you could also potentially utilize a screencap of the preferred font, and include the title sections as images, but this can lead to other display issues if the recipient doesn't allow images to display without manually approving/downloading first.

See also:

Display Issues – Why does my email look different when received?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BintheLoop ,

For a lot of email programs, it's 100% dependent on how the recipient has chosen for emails' text to display (default being Sans Serif), but is also dependent on what fonts are actually available in the program, browser, or device.

Similarly with links, some email programs (particularly Outlook) will force links to show as blue and underlined as a security measure, since phishing emails have historically tried to hold bad links as normal-looking text. This is a default functionality that you might be able to alter in your email program's settings, but there's no guarantees with this.

If the receiving side's default elements and existing font options don't include the font type you've selected, there's nothing that can be done besides using a more basic, email-safe font type. Otherwise, you could also potentially utilize a screencap of the preferred font, and include the title sections as images, but this can lead to other display issues if the recipient doesn't allow images to display without manually approving/downloading first.

See also:

Display Issues – Why does my email look different when received?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST