Some of our customers are experiencing issues accessing campaigns and reporting data. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Identifying People Who Have Not Opened the Last Two Newsletters

SOLVED
Go to solution
ColeT
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
Is there a way to identify people who have not opened my last two newsletters? I can see who did not open any one newsletter, but how to find those who didn't open the last two, or three? I know I could export the names of those who didn't open the last one, and the second to last one, merge the two lists and find those who were in both. But then I'd have to manually search for and delete those names? Lots of work! I'm hoping there's an easier way. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ColeT ,

You can also setup a segmentation with the criteria of Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Specific Email, and include an AND condition with another of the same criteria for the other email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

You can further manage this segment by adding it to a new list made purely for this deletion process, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list.

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ColeT ,

You can also setup a segmentation with the criteria of Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Specific Email, and include an AND condition with another of the same criteria for the other email.

William A
ColeT
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
Thanks Bill, that worked!

Now, what’s an easy way to delete these contacts from my list? The only two options are export and add to list.

Thanks!
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You can further manage this segment by adding it to a new list made purely for this deletion process, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list.

William A
ColeT
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
Great! I created a new list and have identified a handful of recent additions that I don’t want to remove from my main list.

Do I “delete” or “remove from list” these recent sign ups on this new list?

And once I have this clean segment list, how do I delete these people from my main list?

Sorry for all the questions!
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Based on the linked instructions from my earlier comment, you'll want to remove from list the contacts that you still want to keep. The final link provides instructions on making sure you delete the contacts you want off of your account, prior to deleting the list. This way you avoid the contacts remaining if they're on other lists.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Somewhat confident (33%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST