Inaccurate CTR Report

CCAMarketing2022
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello! I am hoping someone can give me a little insight on this. We sent out our E-Newsletter yesterday. Every month, we include a blog post that is linked to WordPress. I checked the reporting feature on Constant Contact and it said that the blog link was only clicked over 200 times (much lower than usual). However, when I went to WordPress, the blog was viewed over 1,000 times. This is usually how many views we get when we put it on the E-Newsletter! Is Constant Contact reporting not accurate? I'm just trying to figure out why it isn't showing us these numbers.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CCAMarketing2022 ,

Are you looking at total clicks or unique clicks when comparing to your blog's 1000 views? Are you considering any other sources or ways that people would access the blog - i.e. by re-entering the address in their bar, clicking back via their history, googling it, just navigating to your site and finding it, or clicking to it from a post on your social media that links to the blog post?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CCAMarketing2022
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I am looking at the unique clicks when compared to my blog's 1,000 views. I have considered those possibilities, however, the number spiked as soon as the E-Newsletter was sent out at 1:00pm. We only had 12 views until 1:10pm when the number spiked to over 1,000 views (which is typical after being put on the E-Newsletter).

The social media posts weren't sent out yet, and all other marketing for the blog post was done hours after the E-Newsletter was sent out. It is more than likely that the Constant Contact didn't report those numbers. I would like to know how to fix that, if possible. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If our system received some kind of reporting from the recipients clicking a tracked link, then it would reflect in your email's report. 

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

That said, if a significant amount of your contacts are opening the emails using Apple Mail, or a derivative, then it could also be keeping your click report lowered due to their more stringent privacy policies and functions. Unfortunately, if this is the case for a lot of your contacts, there's not much you, nor we or other ESPs can do to affect the reporting for them.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST