Migrate a Legacy Event

KathyC28
Campaign Expert
0 Votes
I got an email today from Constant Contact that we need to migrate our legacy events to Events 2.0. I replied to that email that I couldn't find instructions. The reply from CC was to check here. In the search fields, I can't find anything about migrating legacy events to Events 2.0. I get how to create events in 2.0. Nothing about migrating my old legacy events into Events 2.0. Anyone have any information. Thanks in advance for your help. I have about 30 events and I hope there's a way to migrate them in Events 2.0 without having to retype all the details.
10 REPLIES 10
JenniferH2322
Rookie
0 Votes

I wasn't able to figure out how to migrate an event so I just had to recreate them. I like the new event flow but feel there are a few features that they really missed out on maintaining, like notifications of an event registration to email. 

LesliePowletteS
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I absolutely hate this new events creator. There is no feature to mark a registrant paid once they have paid by check. How are we supposed to track our payment status without this feature?

KathyC28
Campaign Expert

Interesting.  I don't accept checks but can see your problem. 

LesliePowletteS
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

We always have the option to pay by credit card or pay by check. When you have an event exceeding 400 registrants, not having an option to mark the registrant paid is going to royally screw us up. 

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LesliePowletteS,

We hear you and the feature to manually update the payment status of a registrant is coming this month! I can't give a firm ETA, but ideally within the first half of the month.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

KathyC28
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Thanks, Jennifer.  Right now I'm just recreating all of my events.  It's tedious and time consuming.  It's sad that we got an email today from Constant Contact telling us to "migrate" but there's no instructions or video link.  

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

I am sorry to hear you were directed to the Community with no clear instruction on where to look for specific resources. The Community doesn't have Event tutorial content at the moment outside of replying to support questions and some thought starter posts. The usual "how-to" stuff lives in our Knowledge Base.

View legacy event reports and migrate a legacy event into Events 2.0

Here's some additional resources:

Legacy Events versus Events 2.0

Create and activate an event

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

KathyC28
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Thanks, Nick_S.  I got an email from CC today saying we needed to migrate our legacy events by a certain date. The hot link didn't take me to anything related to migrating our legacy events. A reply to the original email said that's not monitored an to check with Community Home. Nothing came up under the search terms "migrate legacy events" that was any help.  The two links you sent don't have anything to do with migrating legacy events to 2.0.  Still nothing is coming up in any of the community resources.  My last resort was to post a question here.  Maybe instructions will come in a week or so? If so, why did the email go out today telling us to do something by a deadline?

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

The View legacy event reports and migrate a legacy event into Events 2.0 covers the steps to migrate the events. I linked it to the anchor for that specific section in the article. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it!

KathyC28
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

No help yet, Nick_S.  The middle link, I clicked that and got a nine page tutorial on saving reports.  Page 9 is what I needed.  How to migrate a Legacy to 2.0.  Top of page 9, there's a "migrate" button in blue for the Legacy event. 

When I push that I get an error message that reads: "An error has occurred, please try again or contact Customer Support for immediate assistance."

Page 9 again, it reads that from the Campaigns page there's a "Migrate to Events 2.0" button if the event has ended.  On my ended events, there's only "Copy."  

Page 9 again, active events have three dots.  Click that and there's supposed to be a "Migrate to Events 2.0."  I only get edit, copy, rename, register someone, etc.  

So, no.  I still haven't found the Migrate to Events 2.0 button.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST