Opt-In Database Build

SOLVED
Go to solution
JodieC1
Rookie
0 Votes

Our B2B database is over 30K implied users.  Since COVID, I have noticed that there are more opt-outs per email send.  I think this is because getting in front of customers had become increasingly difficult and email was a strongly used method of communication. 

Granted our opt-out rate is still under 1%, but 1% of 30K is still quite a lot of missing contacts.  I do send messages to segmented databases so that the message is tailored for the intended audience.

I'm thinking it is time to start an official opt-in program.  Are there any best practices that can be shared for a database this large?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JodieC1 ,

I'd advise taking a look at these articles for handling opt-ins, including how to handle existing contacts:

See also:

Contacts in Awaiting Confirmation status

Implied permission collection methods for quality emails

Constant Contact email permission policies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JodieC1 ,

I'd advise taking a look at these articles for handling opt-ins, including how to handle existing contacts:

See also:

Contacts in Awaiting Confirmation status

Implied permission collection methods for quality emails

Constant Contact email permission policies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST
OCT 02
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST