Photoshop JPG file with links for Constant Contact email?

nancyp9233
Rookie
0 Votes

I design my Newsletter in photoshop. Can I send the photoshop jpg or pdf file to Constant Contact with links embedded?

If not, how can I add links to the jpg or pdf file in Constant Contact?

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @nancyp9233 ,

Since we generally don't advise sending image-only emails, and since PDFs can't be embedded into emails, our system only generates an image of the first page in the scenario you wish to use it as a cover / preview image, to get your contacts to click and view the full document. Ultimately, you'd either need to recreate the PDF using the actual email builder, or you'd need to link directly to the PDF in your email.

If you'd like to have all a PDF's pages converted into images, we'd suggest using either the program it was created in or another 3rd party program / site to convert those other pages, then upload the images into your Library. Just as a reminder, links from PDFs are not maintained in the image conversions, so if your PDF has multiple links, you'd still need to have the images of the pages redirect to the actual PDF document.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
nancyp9233
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. I have a few more questions. My newsletter was created in Photoshop. It is very detailed and took a great effort to complete. Is it possible to upload pdf pages of my newsletter WITHOUT the text and links, and add the text and links to your newsletter builder? (I am a designer and usually stay away from others formatted designs as it constrains my design.) Is this possible to achieve? Your thoughts?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @nancyp9233 ,

I'm not really a photoshop expert, but based on what it sounds like you're currently trying to do (just uploading the images and using those as a background?), it wouldn't really work. If photoshop provides HTML, you may be able to use the custom code editor if you have coding experience. Beyond that, there isn't really a way to interpose a Photoshop design as a full, functional email using the regular drag-and-drop editor. 

William A
nancyp9233
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to import the pdf pics and build type around those using CC Builder. This will work, correct? Your program enables you to import pics and graphics. I am trying to find the most efficient method to build this Newsletter as the deadline is now!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Correct, but the text blocks aren't free-floating, so unless the email has been built with the same proportions and line-up as the email builder, importing the images as backgrounds and then using regular text blocks wouldn't really look the best.

You're welcome to of course try, but without seeing your PDF myself, I can't really provide much further insight. 

Ultimately, it sounds like it'd be more efficient to build the email within the editor directly, or to simply link to the full PDF from the regular email. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST