Update Record in Zapier

MikeW74
Rookie
0 Votes
I'm trying to create a zap where the contact is added to a new list, if they exist in another. In the update contact action, the field "contact ID" is required. The preview data in zapier shows email addresses that exist in Constant Contact. What is constant contact looking for in this field?
Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MikeW74 ,

Anything we have regarding the Zapier integration would be in this article. Beyond that, if you're needing guidance on setting up a zap or other element from the Zapier side, I'd recommend reaching out to Zapier's support. 

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MikeW74 ,

Anything we have regarding the Zapier integration would be in this article. Beyond that, if you're needing guidance on setting up a zap or other element from the Zapier side, I'd recommend reaching out to Zapier's support. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MikeW74
Rookie
0 Votes

@William_A Zapier support points back to you to find out what values you are expecting and what it writes to your db.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Do they provide any further context on what they mean by "contact ID?" Are they referring to contact fields like email address, first name, last name, etc.? Since Zapier is a 3rd-party developed integration, we don't really have any insight or ability to access its systems for support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST