Uploading a newsletter from Canva with links.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Live4Liv
Rookie
0 Votes
I have created a newsletter with links and I am unable to upload it into Constant Contact and have the links work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Live4Liv ,

PDFs can't be embedded into emails sent through us, so if your Canva email template has links, you'd be setting it up like any other email created from a PDF. When you bring it over from Canva, you can insert the first page to act as a thumbnail for your overall design in your email, then link to the fuller document in your Library. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Live4Liv ,

PDFs can't be embedded into emails sent through us, so if your Canva email template has links, you'd be setting it up like any other email created from a PDF. When you bring it over from Canva, you can insert the first page to act as a thumbnail for your overall design in your email, then link to the fuller document in your Library. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BrittnyA
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I created a newsletter in Canva and added two different links. When I upload to Constant Contact, however, the links do not work, and you can only add one link via Constant Contact? Is this correct?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @BrittnyA. This depends on if you uploaded one image or multiple. Only be one link added to a image. If you need two, you can break up the image into two images or add two links manually to the email. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
BrittnyA
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thanks for responding!! So basically, it's a newsletter with several images and blurbs.  I have two separate areas where I have links.  If I go through CC it will only allow me to manually add one link to the newsletter - and it links the entire document...not just the "click here" part.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

PDFs and images can only have only link attached to them. You will need to break up the PDF/image into two separate pieces to create a double link effect.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
BrittnyA
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Can you guide me on how to do that by chance?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @BrittnyA. I recommend dividing the PDF/image into two separate images outside of your account before uploading them. There may be a way in Canva to accomplish this but I'm not completely familiar with how to do so. There are tutorials online if you search for "split images in Canva". If you need further assistance while working in Canva, please contact their support team.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
BrittnyA
Campaign Collaborator

I am not sure if you can pass along feedback...but it is extremely frustrating to spend so much time designing something really cool in Canva, only to learn that when you upload to CC nothing works.  I honestly don't see the point in having the two platforms work together...because essentially, they don't. I need to have multiple links in our newsletters.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @BrittnyA. Yes, we can certainly pass along this feedback to our product team. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST