Mobile Open Rates

AllenS5
Campaign Collaborator

Over a year ago my mobile open rates were in the 30-40% range.  Toward the end of the year, it started decreasing and now the rate is at 6%.  Why?  That seems unusual.  Is there a problem opening the campaigns on smart phones?  Has something happened with your reporting system?  My total open percentage has actually gone up by 10-20% but Mobile open rates have decreased.  Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AllenS5,

This may be a result of the Apple Mail privacy changes. Apple recently announced a new feature called Mail Privacy Protection for its Mail app that may be what is decreasing your open rate percentage on mobile. For more information about what you can do to find correct reporting on your account, please select this helpful article here. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MarianS4
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm running into the same issue. My open rate is high but there are fewer people opening on an iphone or ipad because the links don't work. Not a good situation. Is there anything that CC can do t help?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MarianS4,

I apologize that you are having the same experience. For more information about what you can do to find correct reporting on your account, please select this helpful article here. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
JamilaB3
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi! I am experiencing 97% open rate for desktops, but only 3% open rate for mobile. 50% open rate overall. 

I am wondering if there is a webinar specifically for how to increase mobile open rates? I am also wondering how much I can do to increase my mobile open rates, versus this being a technical issue with phone providers like apple.

Thank you! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamilaB3 ,

A 50% total open rate is very good for emails, specially when considering the size of sendouts. While we don't have a webinar specifically around mobile opens, we do have some best practices here. We do have some suggestions on making sure your email looks great on mobile here as well toward the end, which can contribute toward mobile open rates.

Overall it may also depend on your audience as well, as some demographics may be more inclined to use their desktop setups (especially if sending to office / business addresses), compared to mobile for more personal addresses, younger demographics, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST