More customization options for poll block

Why Constant Contact chose to release a function that is this underdeveloped is quite confusing.

There is no way to change the size of the font of the poll content. Why?

Every time a recipient clicks on a poll box, a seperate pop up window shows up "thanking them".  What is the purpose of this? Why can't the recipient simply just click the poll button and leave it at that? This makes it nearly impossible to have multi-question polls. 

There is also no way to ask open ended questions as part of the poll.

This feature never should have been released without proper development.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to improve the action block but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

To make sure that we are properly tracking your feedback, please specifically tell us what features or improvements you are looking to have in the poll action block.

16 Comments
DavidM5362
Rookie

Any chance that you can ADD a comment section in the Poll tool like what's in your survey tool? So poll takers could leave random comments. Thank you in advance, Dave Miesse 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: New

Hi Jason. Thank you for the feedback about our Poll action block. I have a few things to discuss.

Action blocks act differently from a webpage where a response can be recorded in the background of the page. Currently, the recipient is brought to a different page so the response is recorded properly but I can certainly understand how this might not be desirable since it takes them away from your email. 

Polls are a quick way to get feedback. If you are looking to ask open-ended questions, you would want to look into other tools, such as our Survey tool where you can ask these types of questions and others, if you would like. 

We have heard other feedback as well about having the ability to make edits to the block itself, independent from the rest of your email so I will track this in your account. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

FCIM
Rookie
I thought it is very easy to give a feedback like this and we want the exact same thing to collect feedback easily from our readers!
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @FCIM. We have a poll block that is available for Email Plus customers that some have used as a way to collect feedback. Is this close to what you were looking for or something more open ended? 

FCIM
Rookie

Thanks for your respond @caitlin_m !

We would love to have a page where we can ask for the tips and ideas for the improvement, not only the polls!

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Great! If you want to provide options and have others "vote" on them, a poll block would be useful to include in your emails. However, if you were looking for open-ended answers, creating a survey with these types of questions would allow your readers to provide their feedback and you can download their responses. 

Bonnie725
Campaign Contributor

I REALLY want to change the font, size, color, etc. within the Poll Action Block.  Even if it's another page, I should be able to edit my text!

Bonnie725
Campaign Contributor

Also, it just looks silly at the end of my email when it doesn't match the email text.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to improve the action block but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

To make sure that we are properly tracking your feedback, please specifically tell us what features or improvements you are looking to have in the poll action block.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More