Ability to customize Welcome Message for Text to Join

It would be super helpful to be able to edit the welcome message in the text to join so it better matches what we are sending out. The non-editable option that it has now says things that are not true about what we are sending out. 

6 Comments
MzTrish
Campaign Contributor

The wording on your text to join service, is geared only to marketing merchandise. Since you cannot edit that wordage I am unable to use this text to join service as I use Constant Contact not for a store but for community announcement, as we are a homeowners association (the largest in the USA) My suggestion is that you release the uniform message to be edited to meet needs other than merchandising.

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Hello @Sunridge ,

A majority of the welcome message is legally required as part of email and SMS registration, and aligns with other wording used for sign up forms' footers. What wording are you wanting to be able to change within the default welcome message?

Sunridge
Rookie

The ones that don't apply in our situation are anything to do with purchases or abandoned carts/cart reminders. In our business we aren't selling anything online so I would prefer not to confuse people with the first welcome message they get from us.

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

L92797
Rookie

I would like to be able to edit the Welcome Message, the one CC provides is not applicable to our services as a nonprofit. We don't sell anything, we are just using the SMS to notify when government assistance is available. When our clients need to renew state medical benefits etc... 

CrystalMAWSC
Rookie

Agreed. We are a nonprofit and do not use e-merchandising. The "(e.g. cart reminders)" language does not apply to us and therefore we cannot use Text to Join. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More