Join Us in Celebrating Small Business Week!

[Events 2.0] Select different field options for different ticket types

Events 2.0 Registration form setup > Beta Specific Ticket Types lack full customization and need additional work.

Scenario: You have three tickets and need different Registration form fields for each ticket. The Show and Hide option does not work to select the desired fields for each of the three tickets. Legacy Events properly handled this customization. 

Also, we need to be able to add fields to the Contact Information section, not just First name, Last name, and Email address. 

16 Comments
MichaelP385
Campaign Contributor

They should be!  And another suggestion - make it possible to have different fields below different ticket types.  IE, my event is a golf event.  For single registration, I need first and last name.  But for a foursome, I need all four names.  But it will only allow me to have 1 first and last name field under full foursome ticket.

CynthiaS354
Rookie

the fields cannot be customized adequately for multiple players to be registered for our event. spent over an hour on the phone with support yesteday. they see that there's a problem but no idea given as to when they might fix this. And our event registration link is now live. SO SO SO FRUSTRATING

KelliF1
Rookie

It would be nice to have the opportunity to set up specific registration forms for profiles.  Example profiles would be Speaker, Sponsor, Exhibitor. Participant, Guest.  This way those individuals would only see customized registration form when they registered. 

user33288
Rookie

We are trying to use the new Events system for creating campaigns.  We are experiencing several issues with the new version.  To start with, it appears that you can only create one form that will contain all the custom fields from both the Primary Contact and Each Attendee categories.  There does not appear that you can create different type of attendee registration forms - its all or nothing.  Do I have this correct? Why cant we have different types of attendees that might register for a specific event? 

I am new to Constant Contact, but I am guessing that there isn't a way to add fields to the primary contact only, and then a different set of fields for attendees? We have graduates able to bring up to 7 guests... we need information on the graduate (their major, etc), but for the guests, we only want first and last name and email. This isn't possible, is it? :frown:

user33288
Rookie

To OSU engineering

You are correct. It is currently not possible.  This is one of the BIG problems with this new system.  In addition, the Primary Contact information is repeated on each form.  Why can't it be defaulted to the contact information from the event basics screen?   There is some key functionality that is missing from this new version.  Very less that desirable analysis went into this product version.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More