How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

Multi Domain DKIM Authentication

Hi, 

It would be great to have the ability to authenticate multiple domains using DKIM. Our school operates multiple divisions, each with their own domain name. I would love the ability to authenticate from all of them as opposed to just one. I'm sure other people would be interested in this feature as well. 

Thanks!

35 Comments
MarkJ
Rookie

Previously we could send email FROM any email address once verified that we own the email address in question. Currently we are required to authenticate our core domain name to be able to continue to send FROM. If we have multiple core domain names we currently can't continue to send FROM all of these domain names. As a feature upgrade, authentication for multiple domain names (FROM sending) within each account should be enabled ASAP. Thank you!

GoodVibes
Constant Contact Partner

Agreed. Very disappointed to learn that CTCT no longer allows sending from multiple domains, even after so many people have expressed the need. If adding an account for each department, product, or service sounds like a nightmare, there are some other platforms that allow multiple authenticated domains on one account.

DuaneIreland
Rookie

Just another existing customer who is adding our support/call to all the other constant contact clients requesting the ability to be able to use more that one domain on our existing account without needing to set up different accounts.  (This ability used to be possible a number of years ago). As many others have noted, this is not in any way user friendly when, like ourselves, some companies have different domains within their company.  This is the type of issue that another email marketing solutions provider will pick up on (if there is not one already providing this solution) and will end up potentially losing you clients or at minimum have disappointed clients.   I don't even think its an issue of cost, we for one would be happy to pay an additional monthly fee (even per domain) to have the convenience of being able to add more than 1 domain to our account.   Surely, given this is something that been requested by some clients for at least over the past 4 years, management of Constant Contact could look at re-implementing this feature sooner than later (I expect it is not a particularly challenging undertaking technically) and would result in happier customers and additional revenue stream for you!   In the meantime, despite being otherwise happy with Constant Contact, I will now be looking at what other options are out there, and hopefully find one that does allow more than 1 domain.

AHO-ZD
Rookie

Yes, please! We have two brands we promote using this account and now the second domain that we can't authenticate is going to spam. It feels like we got railroaded. Although I knew the email authentication was coming, I didn't know it would be limited to one domain and wasn't prepared. Constant Contact must've known how many clients this would affect and that we'd feel the need to add more paid accounts. Hope they come up with options soon!

MarkJ
Rookie

FYI: This "Multi Domain DKIM Authentication" community string was first started in 2020. At that time authentication of custom domain names wasn't available at Constant Contact but was a requested, optional feature. Customers could still utilize multiple custom domain names within 1 account when sending emails.

In early 2024 Google and Yahoo started requiring email authentication. As a result Constant Contact required that all custom domain names be authenticated, to continue using them, but failed to accommodate for accounts which were utilizing more than 1 custom domain. Currently we are limited to authenticating only 1 custom domain per account and as such we are limited to use of 1 custom domain. "..@shared1.ccsend.com" can also be utilized but this is not good branding in most cases. 

One option is to buy separate accounts to accommodate each custom domain name. This is impractical, time wasting and far more costly than alternative competing products where only 1 account is needed and paid for. While this "Multi Domain DKIM Authentication" string was first started in 2020, as of 2024 the issue is not a lack of DKIM Authentication but how accounts are now being restricted due to only 1 authentication being possible.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More