Option to Delete Survey Responses

The new format is great from the perspective of the respondants, especially when viewing/interacting in mobile. But the results are harder to analyze, compared to the legacy version of surveys. The legacy survey was great because I could see results individually, as each persons complete survey form, independent from the other respondants. I can't find where to erase past completed surveys in the new format, to not confuse the NEW submissions from the OLD submissions.

27 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Hello @AlixS78 ,

Is there a particular reason you're needing to test the survey in its live format, rather than in its preview / test version? Are you able to copy the survey afterwards, and use that copied version to collect actual responses?

AlixS78
Rookie

I want to see the survey email and then click through it and use it like my recipients, to make sure it's doing everything it should and I haven't forgotten anything.  I see that if I copy it, the original is deactivated, so I guess I could just do that and use the second version to collect responses.

William_A
Administrator

@AlixS78 , When you're checking the survey email, are you clicking the survey link while it's a test email / preview, or are you also sending the email like it's a real email to just yourself to test? The reason I ask is that survey pages in test and preview versions of emails should function as though they are also tests (including a banner at the top denoting them as such), and thus shouldn't be recording responses.

AlixS78
Rookie

I'm sending it to myself, both so I can see it in my own inbox, and so I can see how the responses look when they are recorded.

AlixS78
Rookie

I should add, it is common for me to send a survey to a tester besides myself to make sure there are no questions, and I'm the only one with access to my account.  If copying and using the second one, once the test version is approved, is the way to do it, I will just do it that way.  

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

user79819
Rookie

Hi! It seems like this capability has not been added? This would be VERY HELPFUL to have. If I've missed information about how to delete survey responses, please let me know how to do that. Thank you!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More