How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

Remove contacts from List A when added to List B

You took a big step backwards in my book when you got rid of the ability to move contacts from one list to another just by checking and unchecking the boxes next to the email addresses. It has been a few years, and I cannot believe you have not found it to be an important enough feature to add back.. It is absolutely ridiculous that in order to move contacts from one list and remove them from the old list, I must check them off and add them to a list, and then go back in and find the ones I just moved (it does not keep them checked), and re-check them, and then remove them from the first list. Wow. I cannot tell you how this frustrates me. We move names from a central location to individual lists based on their email addresses. So for instance, if I have a list of 50 emails we have added or who have added themselves, we go in periodically and put them into lists based on their email address,, and then remove them from the central list so that we know we have processed them. Maybe we are the only ones who found the old way better. If only the boxes remained checked, I would not have to go back and re-check them all. What used to take me 3 minutes now takes 20. Oh well. This is not the first time I complained about this, and will not be the last.

11 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

While there isn't an automated option to remove contacts, this can be manually done when moving contacts between lists.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More