Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
I am going through my bounce report and clicked on a contact to view the email history. I would like to return to the bounce report I was viewing but there is no BACK button and my web browser back button doesn't take me anywhere. This may be something to fix in the future to enhance the usability of bounce reports and general website mobility.
MichaelG548
Rookie
Please put a search tool on the page in the actual person's record so that once I'm finished looking at a particular contact record I don't have to hit the back button to get to search field on main page
MargaretM71
Rookie
contact list, not the specific list I was working on.
TeresaM
Campaign Contributor
Takes too long to see who has clicked on email. Hitting back button makes you keep clicking and clicking again. It would be useful to be able to see all the people who clicked in detail
Johnalonzo
Marketing Legend

The same happens here.  After I post this, I will be brought back to the beginning,  It also happens when I copy and paste into a block I am editing for our newsletter.  Instead of being able to continue at that point, it shoots back to the beginning of the block. The same when I view the unique clicks list.

@TALP9 wrote:

When I finish editing one name I cannot go back to the place I left off. I have to go to the beginning of the list and click thru several pages before I find it.

In just about every action I would like to continue where I left off.

CliffK7
Rookie
Two things... first... once you edit a name in a list, you cannot easily return to the list you were using unless you opened a new window or tab when selecting the name... I have lots of lists (well... not that many,,, but enough they outstrip the space on the left) So, second... make that area longer to show all or more lists.... today I was working with my "Vendors" list... at the bottom... so I had to repeatedly show all lists, scroll to vendors, click on vendors to get back to my list... ALSO... can you allow users to customize the list display more... I want to see the tags for each name... for ex.
DavidA9336
Campaign Expert

it's hard to download exsample product to run off of.

JillG119
Rookie
If my cursor accidentally clicks on a record - or if I choose a record to see the details -- then it won't take me back to where I left off. I end up on Unsubscribes or the first page of Opens and I have to navigate through all the pages to get to where I left off.
Campaign Expert
When adding or editing information in the contact list, it is time consuming to have to go back to the main list to get to the next contact. Be nice to have a next button.
CraigH20464
Campaign Contributor
Is there a way for us to go back to where we left off when managing bounces? Right now if I am on page 2 of bounces and I click in an email and then go back the page goes back to page one rather than where I left off. Also, it would be great to see statistics of emails that have never opened, haven't opened in 6 months, 180 days, 90 days, and 30 days. If we could sort our not opens by that I think it would help creating healthier lists.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More